Friday, November 12, 2010

Almost there..



At the top of Volcano Santa Maria.



New snake in my park! (Rhadinea sp. still not sure...)



You can eat this one!



Here we are, halfway through november. All I can think about is going to honduras a week from now for a week of romance, snake catching, and rum drinking with my man, and my favorite professor and grad students from cal poly! Since my last post, I climbed my first volcano with friend Emily who lives in an aldea close to me, at 3722m or roughly 12,000 feet. Whew! now i want to climb the rest!


Also finished my youth group-almost. the campout is this sunday and im getting ready, hoping for the best, and crossing my fingers for no rain!


Youth group has gone alright-with attendance dwindling the second two meetings... I've learned that planning an activity for Monday morning at 8 am is probably not a good idea..even in the best of circumstances. I am, however, not working in the best of circumstances-im working in Guatemala.... which presents unique work challenges; among them the famous hora chapina-which pretty much guarantees that you will be at least an hour behind in any activity you plan or show up for.
So next time I plan an activity like this, I think I will do it on a Tuesday...and we won't start until 9 am. which will work out better for all involved, I think. Other than that, not a whole lot to report. I'm sure i'll have an amusing tale for you after the campout Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment