Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pictures!

Okay here we go. Some promised pictures here, in no specific order. First a picture of Samac, the community where we spent our week in Field Based Training. One of us will spend the next two years here.















Below is a tiny frog i found on our 'birdwatching hike.' I was stoked to find it in the leaf litter, since we weren't really seeing any birds.
This picture was taken from the back of the pick up truck on our crazy truck ride out to the birdwatching site. It was definitely the highlight of FBT for me.





Here I am with Tara and Mirsa, our spanish teacher, making puposas, which are basically tortillas with queso mixed in. SOOO good!



Here are some of the trainees with some local children during field based training. they followed us around like local celebrities.




Here's a shot of the boys' cabana during FBT. not too shabby....








Tara and I on our hike down to Salto de Chilasco, which are the tallest falls in Guatemala. Unfortunately it was so cloudy that we couldn't see them when we got there. The hike, nonetheless, was amazing.






Stephanie, Patty, and I mid-hike down to Salto de Chilasco. Stephanie is practically my neighbor in my host community, and Patty was my roommate the first 3 nights we were in country.... !












No comments:

Post a Comment