Saturday, February 27, 2010

Every day here you learn something new about yourself. Yesterday I discovered that i love using a router! Our training group is making signs to direct visitors to the local park here, so i spent the greater part of yesterday routering signs... it was way too much fun.
In other news.. we felt two or three little earthquakes on Tuesday this week. That may or may not have been the first time i have ever consciously felt one. And even then, Tara had to nudge me and inform me that the ground was shaking... Not always the most observant.
Still not tired of tortillas, beans, eggs.. which is a lucky thing for me. The first ripe mangoes appeared this week so it looks like we will soon be in the throes of mango season. I´m sooo excited.

This week has flown by and I¨m on the countdown until March 12th, when they finally tell us our site assignments! After that, a week long site visit where we meet our counterparts, arrange housing, and get to know the community, then we return to swear in as official Volunteers. I´m anxious to know where I can call home for the next year, but with that sense of security comes a whole new set of anxieties, questions, adjustments, etc. to look forward to. The fast approaching, much anticipated Site Assignment has prompted me to think back on everything I´ve accomplished to bring me to this point. I began the official Peace Corps application in September of 2008. I´ve jumped through a lot of hoops to get here. Now i´m finally ready to begin service as a Peace Corps Volunteer... I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you cuz cuz. Thanks for posting a blog. I'm looking forward to following your adventure! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMBER!!!!!!! Sounds like you're have a wonderful experience. I'm excited for you for mango season! Have fun and I'll keep in contact!

    ReplyDelete