Wednesday, March 10, 2010

what doesn´t kill you....



again, i know. but it might kill me waiting any longer for my site assignment! enough already! i´ve jumped through the countless hoops, gone through most of training, been a very good little trainee (in my opinion). But alas, we still wait with bated breath until friday, at 2 pm... be expecting an (hopefully) exuberant post sometime over the weekend as my fate for the next two years is bestowed upon me. Then things should progress rather like a whirlwind again until i get to my site and.... ?????? They weren´t kidding when they advised us to get comfortable with the ambiguity of the job.
Oh, I did get the opportunity to stretch my legs a little bit in the kitchen... i´m hurting to cook again. I´m praying i´ll get a little more control over my diet once the big move occurs. Not that the food is bad.. my host mother is a wonderful cook. But i haven´t had to just eat what was put in front of me since i was about 12 (sorry mom...) ish? at which point i started cooking for myself at least some of the time. oddly enough, i truly do want beans and eggs a lot of the time... i guess i´ve gone native in that respect. At any rate, we got the awesome opportunity to learn to make fruit jam from a local woman here who sells her product at the peace corps office. Can´t wait to eat it. Also hope that i have the opportunity to pass on the knowledge to others. There is so much fruit that is cheap and delicious when in season, its great to have another way to save it.
Anyways, if the anticipation doesn´t kill me, there will be news forthcoming on my new ´home away from home´ in the near futue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment