Monday, December 12, 2011

More thoughts on going home

Okay, so I'll admit it. I've got the Senioritis.  Feria doesn't help.  I've given in to the temptation of checking my calendar and counting down the next mile-marker to me being done-Christmas, then New Year's; our COS (Close of Service) conference; cousin Kerry coming to visit in February (!); meeting the replacement volunteer; then getting on that plane...

In between, stuff like gleaning my possessions and getting rid of accumulated clothes, books, DVD's, which I'm pretty good at.  I would even go so far as to say I'm the opposite of a packrat, whatever that is.  But I think that despite my cold heartedness at throwing out/getting rid of most stuff, I can assure you all I'll be bringing my teddy bear back with me.

I think it's natural that, so close to the end, we start to get the senioritis.  Some friends are looking forward to grad school, others to weddings, new business ventures, travels, reuniting with friends and family back home, or just the simple things of US life like driving, hot water, washing machines, draft beer.  Whatever it is, the looking forward, or anticipation, is sweet and terrifying at the same time.  At least for those of us hoping to find employment upon returning, crossing our fingers that that Peace Corps line on our CV will open some doors or raise some eyebrows. Reading the news reports about the economy and the polarization of the political parties, I feel like we're on the edge of a precipice with nothing holding us back.  *shivers* 

But all I can do is have faith that things will work out.  And meanwhile.... work on that to do list. 

In feria news, nothing too special happened yesterday.  I cleaned house and washed clothes.  I had lunch with my host family. Watched Sex and the City in the afternoon (does she really break Aiden's heart TWICE?? i could just kill her every time I watch that...)  then basketball games for a short while in the evening.  Got to Skype with my folks, and my boyfriend, then fell asleep watching Empire Strikes Back.  It was a pretty good Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment