Friday, November 4, 2011

A Week in Review


Some Highlights from this week

-Saw a Mountain Trogon for the first time in our park (in the quetzal family)
-Started putting out coverboards to survey herpetofauna (a little late but better late than never, an emerging mantra for my last few months here)
-Went all the way down to xela for lap swimming to find that the pool is closed until january for swim lessons =/
-Bought two boxes of Turtle Brownies because they were on sale Q3 each (like 40 cents!)
-Made Turtle Brownies to share with my host family, eating only two myself  (success!)
-Downloaded new How I Met Your Mother, Sex and the City (old), Glee, and True Blood thanks to randomly (lightning) fast internet
-Skyped with Gina DeVecchio over on the east coast, and with my little brother in LA (west hollywood to be exact) and can't believe how grown up everyone is..... or that almost two years have gone by already
-Guided a group of kids and women from my library groups up in our park, and had such a good time we're doing it again next week













No comments:

Post a Comment